A cookie is a small text file downloaded to your computer when accessing to certain websites. Cookies allow a website, among other things, store and retrieve information about browsing habits of a user or his computer and, depending on the information they contain and the way you use your computer, can be used to recognize user.
Types of cookies
Depending on the entity:
- First party cookies: cookies sent from the website editor equipment and from which requested service is being provided.
- Third party cookies: cookies sent from equipment not managed by the website editor but by another entity which processes data obtained from the cookies.
Depending on the period of time they remain active:
- Session cookies: cookies designed to collect and store information while user accesses a website.
- Persistent cookies: cookies set in the terminal storing data available to be accessed and treated during a period of time defined by responsible of the cookie.
Depending on its purpose:
- Technical cookies: cookies that allow user to navigate the website and the use of the different options or services in the website (control of data traffic and communication, session identification, use of security elements during browsing etc.).
- Customization cookies: cookies that allow user access the website with some predetermined general type characteristics (language, type of navigator, selected design of contents etc.).
- Analysis cookies: cookies that allow monitoring and analysing user behaviour on the website. The collected information is used in the measuring of the activity of the websites and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users with the aim of introducing improvements to the service in function of the data of use.
- Advertising cookies: cookies that allow the effective management of the advertising spaces included on a website based on criteria such as edited content or frequency in which advertisements are displayed.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: cookies that allow the effective management of the advertising spaces included on a website. These cookies store information of user behaviour through observation allowing develop specific user profile to display advertisements based on the same.
Please note you can set your browser to refuse or accept the cookies, or set the browser to delete the cookies automatically once the browser, computer or device is closed.
The cookie setting in major browsers is performed as follows:
- Google Chrome > Settings> Show Advanced Options > Privacy > Content settings > Cookies.
- Firefox > Tools> Options > Privacy > History > Custom settings.
- Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Advanced.
- Safari > Preferences > Privacy.
Please note that if you share website content with contacts through social networks like Facebook and Twitter, you may receive cookies from those websites. We cannot control the settings of third party cookies, so we suggest you check the websites of those third parties to obtain more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Cookies used in our website:
|PHPSESSID||Session cookie||These cookies are session identifiers provided by the PHP to differentiate between users. It is an indispensable cookie (strictly required) to provide the services offered in the website.|